Saturday, February 6, 2010
Cornish Hens Stuffed With Celery, Onions And Garlic, Served With Pan Drippings Gravy
Cornish Hens Stuffed With Garlic, Onions And Celery:
2 Cornish hens
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, diced
4-5 Tablespoons butter, melted
1-2 Tablespoons of fresh Rosemary, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Remove hens from package and rinse with warm water, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Using a pastry brush, baste the hens with melted butter. Season outside of hens with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle any leftover veggies over and around the hens (which will add flavor to the gravy made from pan drippings).
5. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn oven up to 400 degrees for last 10 minutes if hens need more browning.
Gravy From Pan Drippings:
2. Pour onto plate and place the Cornish hen on top of the gravy. Voila!
3. Serve with a tossed green salad and garlic bread.