Sunday, March 8, 2009
This is the most scrumptious spinach salad and so easy to assemble that it will make you smile. We have this at our house at least every week and not just because we like it, but also because it's so healthy.
Spinach Salad With Scorched Almonds, Raspberries, Feta & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Large bag of baby spinach or a bundle of fresh organic
Large handful of shaved almonds
1 package of fresh raspberries
Feta cheese, crumbled
Vinaigrette Dressing (store bought or recipe below)
1. Toss a little pat of butter into a skillet and scorch the almonds over a medium high heat. When done to your taste, remove from heat and allow them to cool. I remove them from the pan & let them dry out on paper towels.
2. Put baby spinach in individual salad bowls and top with a handful of the feta cheese. Just do it to your taste. Some people like a lot, others like less.
3. Sprinkle a handful of raspberries over the salad.
4. Sprinkle scorched almonds over the top.
5. Pour desired amount of Vinaigrette over top and toss, or not.
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 c. salad oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Whisk together the vinegar, shallots, mustard and lemon juice. Then add the oil and adjust the seasoning.