- 3 Plump Chicken Breasts, skinless & boneless
- 1 Pkg. Whole Mushrooms, cleaned & trimmed
- 1 Pkg. of Small Onions, cleaned & trimmed
- 1 Pkg. of Cherry or Plum Tomatoes
- 1-2 Yellow Squash, washed & chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 6 Long Metal (or bamboo) Skewers
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce Light
- 1/2 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbls. Honey
- Light sprinkling of African Bird Pepper
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
2. Using glass casserole dish, combine all ingredients for the marinade and mix well using a whisk. Place chicken pieces in marinade & refrigerate for at least two hours. I usually save a little to marinade the veggies in another bowl.
3. After getting fire started, you can begin the assembly of chicken & veggies. I always spray the skewers with vegetable cooking spray, which makes removal ever so much easier. You should be done by the time the fire is ready, approximately 20-25 minutes.
4. When fire is ready, place some water soaked hickory chips on the coals.
5. Place the skewers on the grill, watching, moving & turning as needed.
6. When grilled to desired doneness, remove from fire, remove the skewers and serve over rice.
8. Bon Appetit!