Quiche Lorraine Ingredients:
1 Frozen Pie Crust, ready made
1/4 cup of diced green, red and yellow bell peppers
1/2 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup of onion, diced 1 cup of smoked ham, chopped into small pieces
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of fat-free Half & Half
1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup of Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a saucepan, sauté the onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and garlic until tender.
2. Sprinkle half of the cheddar and half of the Swiss cheese and half of the chopped ham over the bottom of the piecrust.
3. Cover evenly with the vegetable mix.
4. Beat the eggs and blend in the cream and the parsley.
5. Pour over mixture in the piecrust.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes or when knife inserted comes out clean.
7. If need be, cover the edges of the crust to prevent it getting too dark.
Roasted Asparagus With Walnut Crema:
Ingredients For The Walnut Crema:
Kosher salt 1/4 cup of walnuts, crushed
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
extra virgin olive oil
3 bunches of asparagus
1/4 cup of walnuts,
crushed grated pecorino (or Parmesan) cheese
1. Lay the asparagus spears on a foil lined cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, shaking the pan to evenly coat spears.
2. Roast in a 500-degree oven to desired doneness, or about 5 minutes.
3. When done, remove spears to a serving dish and sprinkle the Walnut Crema over the asparagus. Serve hot.