Black Bean And Roasted Corn Salad:
4 ears of roasted corn, shucked
1 12 ounce can of black beans, drained
1 large red bell pepper, chopped (or use 1/2 each of yellow & red peppers)
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
2 limes, to be squeezed over salad
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
2. Prepare your fire, being certain to add hickory (or your wood preference) chips just before placing the ears of corn on the grill, in order to give the corn a nice, smoky flavor.
3. I usually cook them over medium heat for 15 minutes, then turn them over for an additional 15 minutes.
4. When the corn has cooled enough to be handled, scrape the corn off the cob and place in a large bowl.
5. Add the drained black beans, red onion, bell pepper, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno to the corn in the bowl.
6. Next, add the olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
7. Finally, squeeze the two limes over the contents of the bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed.